As consumers we’re finding QR codes everywhere, from soft drink cans to magazines. I’ve put together 5 creative ways to use QR codes. You really won’t be stuck for an idea of how to market your service, special event or product with this list.
QR codes are really enticing for people to scan and find out more, but sometimes you have to be a little creative with where you place them and what you do with them.
1. Put them on merchandise such as t-shirts and hats. This is a great way to take your QR code on the move with you. Strangers can’t resist scanning these codes so be prepared if you should happen to be wearing a shirt or hat with the code on – you may have a few people point their Smartphones at you to see where your QR code leads them.
2. Use QR codes on stickers. Have you ever given money to someone with a charity box and in return you get a sticker? Yes its old school but some charities and fundraising individuals still do it. What happens with the sticker? It’s normally discarded very quickly. Why make a QR code that directs people to the charity or fundraiser website.
3. Put QR codes on sales tags for clothes or tangible goods to explain more about the product. This really helps when you are low on staff but don’t want to lose customers. You can place little how-to scan cards on the counter or around the store, so people know how what to do in order to maximise the use of your QR codes.
4. Use QR codes on temporary tattoos. Yep you can go for a real one if you’re dare, after all some people have, but I suggest temporary tattoos are a fun way to get attention – especially at the weekend when you’re out with your friends – flash that tattoo and get think scanning your skin. Its fun, different and it will get you attention both online as well as on the mobile web.
5. Put QR codes on billboards. If your budget allows you to put advertising on medium size billboards then you can really get a lot of clicks to your mobile website. Now before you scoff at this idea you’d be surprised how cheaply you can hire a billboard out for a short term to place the code on it. This form of marketing is best used when you have an amazing offer going on.
Hopefully this has given you some ideas of how to market with QR code, and don’t forget QR codes don’t have to be black and white. Hire a designer and get them customized. This makes them even more fun to use.
Use Our Montana Mobile QR Code Creator
Please Contact Us